Mediacom Announces More HD Channels | Arts & Culture
Mediacom announced Monday that they plan to add an additional 43 high-definition channels to their line-up.
The additional channels will give Des Moines and the surrounding areas a 74 percent boost in HD video channels and will place Mediacom’s HD line-up above 100. The new channels are expected to be added during the week of April 17th through 19th.
The addition of the 43 HD channels to be added will affect the following counties and cities:
- Adair County: Greenfield
- Clarke County: Osceola, Woodburn
- Dallas County: Adel, Booneville, Dallas Center, DeSoto, Dexter, Granger, Perry, Redfield, Van Meter, Waukee
- Decatur County: Decatur City, Lamoni, Leon
- Guthrie County: Stuart
- Jasper County: Colfax, Lambs Grove, Lynnville, Monroe, Newton, Prairie City, Sully
- Lucas County: Chariton, Lucas
- Madison County: Earlham, Winterset
- Marion County: Bussey, Hamilton, Knoxville, Melcher Dallas, Pleasantville, Pella
- Marshall County: Green Mountain, Le Grand, Marshalltown
- Monroe County: Lovilia
- Polk County: Altoona, Ankeny, Bondurant, Clive, Des Moines, Grimes, Johnston, Mitchellville, Pleasant Hill, Urbandale, West Des Moines, Windsor Heights
- Poweshiek County: Grinnell
- Ringgold County: Kellerton, Mt. Ayr
- Union County: Creston
- Warren County: Carlisle, Hartford, Indianola, Norwalk
- Wayne County: Corydon
“The response to our all-digital upgrade has been incredibly positive, and it’s because consumers understand that they gain much more in the digital world than is otherwise possible,” Mediacom Vice President Steve Purcell said.
The new additions will include WE HD, seven more sports channels, FOX Business HD, and premium channels such as Starz, HBO, and Showtime.
Story and Boone counties are scheduled to undergo a similar digital transition in May and June.